GRAND RAPIDS CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS
Important reminders! Please take note:
1. Practices will be short for those who are tapering. Most likely the girls will be done by 7:30PM for those who are tapering for this weekend.
2. The meet is Friday and Saturday at Jenison. There will be a one-way bus leaving from GRCHS at 9:30AM on both Friday and Saturday. The girls are responsible for finding a ride home from the pool on both Friday and Saturday.
3. The girls will be excused from their classes on Friday. I will be sending an email to the office, but the girls should be able to fit a few classes in in the morning before the bus leaves!
4. I have made the lineup for this weekend, and will send out the lineup and psych sheet once I receive both of those. Please be reminded that we as coaches have put a lot of thought into the lineup and have thought through each of your girls' specific seasons before putting them into events. Each girl should be placed into two individual events that we feel they will succeed the best in. Relay spots are very limited and are not finalized yet who will be swimming at prelims/finals. If you are at all curious about how we make those decisions please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We would love to answer any questions for you!
5. We will have our Conference Finals party afterwards at Vitales (834 Leonard St. NE 49503) Immediately following the meet at 6:00PM. The girls also will be having a pre-conference pasta party after practice on Thursday evening to make their treat bags and eat dinner together before the big weekend. (room is still TBD, but it will be immediately following a very short practice at Calvin).
Reminder to please RSVP to the Conference Party at Vitale's after Conference finals next week Saturday at 6PM. Swimmers/Coaches are covered by the team fund, family members are $8 each! RSVP to Linda Oezer at email@example.com by tomorrow!
Weekend Practice Schedule: Please take note:
Friday morning lifting: State taper group only
Friday evening: Normal practice 6-7:30/45
Saturday Morning: both groups 9:00AM-11:00AM
Please note that swimmers in the conference taper group will most likely be getting out early from now until conference. It won't be the same every day but for the most part, they will not go the full two hours.
Here are the details for our post-conference party! Please take note:
Who: Swimmers/Divers and their families
Where: Vitale's @ 834 Leonard St. NE 49503
When: Following conference finals on Saturday, November 5 at 6:00PM
Cost: Swimmers/Divers, coaches are covered by team fund, parents/siblings etc. are $8 each ( money will be collected at the door).
Please RSVP to Linda Oezer by Friday, October 28 with the numbers of family members planning to attend.
See you tonight!
Here are a few scheduling updates for the week as we move forward:
WEDNESDAY: TEAM SLEEPOVER: Pick up swimmers at 10AM on Thursday morning from the Suwyn's house!
THURSDAY: Normal practice times at Calvin 6-8pm
FRIDAY: Morning Lifting at GRCHS at 8 AM, SWIMMERS: Practice at Calvin 4PM-6PM (will potentially be out earlier than that)
SATURDAY: 8AM-10AM at Calvin.
See you this afternoon at 4:15 at Forest Hills Aquatic Center.
Just a few schedule updates for you all for the next few days:
SATURDAY: (10/15) 8:00AM-10:00AM at Calvin. Calvin's team will not be in the water on Saturday so we are going to take advantage of this and get in earlier so we can be out earlier in the day. I believe this may help with a few scheduling conflicts that came up
TUESDAY (10/18): Meet at Forest Hills scheduled to begin at 5:30PM instead of the original start time due to their senior night and an event they have afterwards.
Reminder that the meet next week Thursday 10/20 was cancelled!
GIRLS: Please meet in the Garage at 10:50AM tomorrow (Thursday) for a brief, MANDATORY team meeting. Nothing to be anxious about :)
Practice on Saturday will be from 10AM-12PM at Calvin and immediately following there will be a pancake breakfast/lunch for the girls in room 280!
Seniors--Please be sure to check your email for important info regarding senior night!
Meet results will be posted soon!
Welcome to the official website of the Grand Rapids Christian High School Girls Varsity swim and dive team. Go Eagles!